Subject: Ed: Applications Open: MSc in Public Health & Epidemiology (Distance Learning) | University of Thessaly
From: "Svetlana Vanina" <[email-masked]>
To: "TA Info" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2025 09:12:11 +0300

Tere!

Palun DELTAs registreerida.

Lugupidamisega

Svetlana Vanina

Saatja: EU SHIPSAN Association <[email-masked]>
Saatmisaeg: laupäev, 5. juuli 2025 18:19
Adressaat: EU SHIPSAN Association <[email-masked]>
Teema: Applications Open: MSc in Public Health & Epidemiology (Distance 
Learning) | University of Thessaly

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Partners,

We are pleased to announce that applications are now open for the 2026–2028 
cycle of the Master of Science (MSc) in Public Health and Epidemiology 
(Distance Learning), offered by the Faculty of Medicine, University of 
Thessaly, Greece.

🎓 About the Programme

This internationally oriented, fully online programme is taught entirely in 
English. It is a certified study programme by the Hellenic Authority for 
Higher Education.

Students may choose to specialise in one of two distinct streams:

🔬 Stream 1: Public Health and Applied Epidemiology
⚓ Stream 2: Public Health and Maritime Transport (The only MSc in Europe 
focused on this area)

More details about the programme, application process, and deadlines can be 
found on our official website: https://mscpublichealthmaritime.med.uth.gr/

Kind regards,

EU SHIPSAN ASSOCIATION administration

Papakyriazi 22, Tachydromiou Sq., Larisa
Postal Code 41222 GR
Tel: (+30) 2410 565009, Fax: (+30) 2410 565051
Email:  <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked]
Website: <https://shipsanassociation.shipsan.eu/> 
https://shipsanassociation.shipsan.eu/

 <https://shipsanassociation.shipsan.eu/>

 <https://twitter.com/EuShipsan>

 <https://www.linkedin.com/in/eu-shipsan-scientific-association-810539200/>

 <https://www.facebook.com/EUShipsan>

Join the 2026–2028 MSc in Public Health & Epidemiology (Distance Learning)

Faculty of Medicine, University of Thessaly | Greece

About the Programme

The Faculty of Medicine at the University of Thessaly invites applications 
for its fully online, internationally oriented Master of Science (MSc) in 
Public Health and Epidemiology. This flexible program provides advanced 
academic and professional training for future public health leaders. This is 
a certified study programme by the Hellenic Authority for Higher Education.

Specialise in one of two streams:

🔬 Stream 1: Public Health and Applied Epidemiology

⚓ Stream 2: Public Health and Maritime Transport – The only MSc in Europe 
focused on this area

🎯 Why choose this programme?

✔ 100% Online & Flexible – Study from anywhere

✔ Global Faculty – Experts from 18 universities in 9 countries

✔ Live interactive classes every other week: Thursday & Friday evenings, 
Saturday mornings

✔ Internationally recognized MSc (EQF Level 7)

🔍 What You’ll Learn

•                   Epidemiology & Biostatistics

•                   Health Promotion

•                   Environmental Health & Hygiene

•                   Public Health Crisis Management

•                   Health Services Management & Policy

👥 Who Is This Programme For?

*	Graduates and professionals from fields including:

*	Medicine, Biology, Hygiene
*	Environmental Science, Chemistry
*	Engineering, Maritime, Legal Studies
*	Food Safety and related disciplines
*	Other relevant fields

Choose Your Specialization

🔬 Stream 1: Public Health & Applied Epidemiology

Gain expertise in monitoring, preventing, and controlling diseases. Ideal 
for roles in health policy, epidemiology, and data analysis

⚓ Stream 2: Public Health & Maritime Transport

*	Focus on health risks in global shipping, ports, and logistics. Tailored 
for professionals in maritime health and transport sectors.

Programme Structure

The MSc is completed over four academic semesters and includes:

Duration: 4 academic semesters

Format: Core & elective courses, plus thesis or research internship with 
thesis

Credits: 120 ECTS

Language: English

Tuition Fees and Scholarships

💰Tuition Fee: €6,000 (covering 4 semesters)

📅 Payment Plans:

*	Full-time: 4 installments
*	Part-time: 8 installments

📚 Scholarships:

*	Excellence Scholarships (available post-admission)
*	Socioeconomic Scholarships (for eligible Greek residents)

✅ Who can apply?

Eligible for admission are graduates:

- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution
- Foreign degrees must be listed in the Hellenic 
<https://www.doatap.gr/national-registry-of-foreign-recognized-higher-education-institutes/> 
National Registry of Foreign Recognized Higher Education Institutes.

🌐 English language requirements:

Courses are taught in English. Applicants must:

*	Demonstrate strong academic English skills
*	Participate in discussions and use technical vocabulary
*	Submit a certificate unless prior studies were in English

🎓 Selection criteria

Applicants are evaluated based on the following:

Selection Criteria

Points %

1

Grade of undergraduate degree/diploma with a minimum grade of "Very Good"

30%

2

Level of foreign language proficiency

10%

3

Publications in scientific journals, Presentations at scientific conferences

15%

4

Possession of other postgraduate degrees

5%

5

Relevant professional experience

10%

6

Recommendation letters

10%

7

Interview

20%

📝 Ready to Apply?

Apply online now by 30 September 2025
👉  <https://mscpublichealthmaritime.med.uth.gr/application/> Application 
Form     📘 
<https://mscpublichealthmaritime.med.uth.gr/#tab-68fc56704130d5b9715> 
Application Guide

📄 Required Documents:

A. Mandatory

1.	Bachelor’s degree certificate
2.	Certified English translation of degree (if applicable)
3.	Official academic transcript
4.	Short CV
5.	English certificate
6.	ID (both sides) or passport
7.	Recent passport-style photograph

B. Optional (if available):

1.	Postgraduate diplomas
2.	Training certificates
3.	Proof of research involvement
4.	Two recommendation letters

ℹ️ Need Help?

🌐 Website:  <https://mscpublichealthmaritime.med.uth.gr/> 
mscpublichealthmaritime.med.uth.gr
📧 Email:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]
📞 Phone: +30 2410 565055